A prefects role is varied and to be awarded a school prefect badge is considered to be a real privilege. We believe that children need to experience duties and responsibilities that come with being a member of a community in order to help them prepare to play an active role as citizens.
Pennoweth prefects take on many roles and have many responsibilities, such as:
– delivering registers to classrooms at the correct times
– working with classes during wet break and lunch times
– helping to set up the hall for assemblies
– manning the office for half an hour slots during lunch time
– supervising younger children in the lunch hall